This article was not written by me. I don’t agree with all the information in the article but some of it is useful. For my blushing treatment story visit my article http://myblushingcure.com/how-did-i-cure-my-blushing/.
Blushing is more commonly seen in younger people and in the older generations it is a rarity although anyone can suffer from social blushing. Social blushing is where a person stresses out in social situations such as speaking in public. At one time or another every human being has blushed. There are two different types of blushing; normal and excessive blushing. Normal blushing is when you blush now and then and is an involuntary action. If you have excessive blushing it is referred to as idiopathic craniofacial erythema. People who suffer from excessive blushing do not need a triggering event or specific reason to blush. It can be so bad that they blush even if a person asks them a general question like directions on how to get somewhere.
Normal blushing causes
• Exercising vigorously—even twenty minutes of vigorous exercise can make your face red but this type of reddening of your face is related more to having a flushed face than it is to blushing.
• Experiencing intense feelings—some of these intense feelings can include sadness, fear, frustration, happiness, etc. Any of these can make your face go red. Sometimes it is because of self-awareness such as a case of laughter that is uncontrollable. In a case of frustration you may also notice that your blood pressure has increased.
• Other causes—these can include eating spicy food, certain medications, menopause, etc but these only cause blushing occasionally.
Excessive blushing causes
• Having a social interaction phobia—this is when you are anxious about interacting with people such as at a business meeting, a business dinner, etc. When a person is in the company of a lot of people they will start to blush uncontrollably.
One cause of blushing that affects both normal and excessive blushing is embarrassment. In normal blushing it usually occurs when something that you are thinking of happens unexpectedly or is worse than we expected it to be happens and you store it away. When you suddenly remember it later you may feel embarrassed and blush over it. In excessive blushing the feeling is more intense. You feel embarrassed about certain actions and/or situations more than other people do so you blush excessively. Many times you may blush excessively without a specific reason.
How to stop blushing
There are many different ways that you can treat blushing but if you suffer from excessive blushing it may take time to find a blushing cure. Although normal blushing may happen less often or just occasionally some people do not even want that to happen, especially in a social setting or in front of friends or relatives that may tease them about blushing. How to stop blushing can be done in different ways.
• Cognitive behavior therapy—this is the type of blushing cure/therapy that is used on people who suffer from excessive blushing. Using this therapy they try to bring a change in your way of thinking. It will help you to adjust with people in society. It will also help to stop a person from underestimating themselves.
• Meditation—this also includes breathing exercise which are said to help improve a person’s blushing problem. Breathing exercise or meditation will help to decrease your anxiety by helping to deplete your carbon dioxide level in your blood.
• Medications—there are certain medications that are used as blushing cures but you will need to see your physician as they are prescription medications.
• Surgery—if the blushing problem is too severe or you are not responding to other treatment the physician may suggest that you have Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy surgery. When you have this surgery the surgeon will insert certain instruments into your chest cavity. The surgeon will remove some of the involuntary nerves that help control your blood vessel diameters. Removing them is said to decrease your blushing problems by almost ninety percent. Unfortunately there are many risks involved with this type of surgery so you should try to avoid having it as much as possible.